PRODUCT TOUR: Custom Day Cab Truck Toolbox/Crossbox
Check out this slick custom day cab semi truck storage box/cross box that left the shop this week.
We launched our day cab storage boxes about a year ago. They’re all custom and made to order, but always made with the same strong, yet lightweight aluminum as our other class 8 truck accessories.
These boxes are designed to be mounted on the truck frame, behind the tractor cab, and this box is no different. Typically, though, daycab boxes tend to look more like “chests”. This one looks more like one of our cross boxes that you might find for a straight truck, or a small enclosed headache rack.
Either way, it’s a badass piece. Take a look at this 1.5 minute video below:
Custom Day Cab Storage Box/Cross Box Features:
Jason takes you through the features of this custom box in the video above, but in case reading is more your thing, we’ll transcribe the features Jason mentions below for your reference:
- Smooth 1/8-inch thick aluminum construction.
- Full-height stainless steel grab handle with knurled grip.
- 3 shelves on each side, adjustable up or down in plus or minus 2-inch increments.
- Stainless steel hardware, including strap hinges and lockable t-handles.
- Centre compartment is an “open cavity” design, accessed by two large doors with a structural centre post. The open design allows for easy storage of larger and bulkier items.
- Made to customer’s specs and dimensions.
- The face of the rack is TIG welded for improved appearance, and the rest of the rack is MIG welded.
So that’s it for this day cab box, but Jason also mentions some other features that are available, but not built into this box.
Other Features & Options We can build into your day cab box:
- Smooth aluminum, checkerplate aluminum or mirror stainless steel finishes.
- Various door setups.
- Integration of additional shelves.
- Pull-out trays.
- And much, much more… Click here to learn more >>
Have questions? Want to order a day cab storage box for your truck?
Get in touch with us, we’d love to help!